Absentee Ballots are available for all elections. The State of Michigan does require that a completed Absentee Ballot Application be received by the local clerk for EACH election. All registered voters are eligible to vote absentee.
|Click here for an absentee ballot application|
A few items to note regarding Absentee Ballot Applications and Absentee Ballots:
1. Absentee ballot applications must be received in the Clerk's Office by 5:00pm the Friday before the election in order to have a ballot mailed to you. You may still obtain a ballot in the Clerk's office on the Monday before the election, however the ballot must be voted in the office, by law it is not permitted to leave the premises.
2. Power of attorney does not apply to voting. Only the voter themselves may sign an application requesting a ballot or the ballot envelope.
3. Michigan Election Law states that un-voted Absentee Ballots may only be issued to the voter either in person or by mail. Ballots may not be given to a spouse or any other person on behalf of the voter.
4. Ballots will not forward in the mail. Please be sure that the address you want your ballot mailed to is correctly listed on your application.
5. Ballots must be returned to the Clerk's Office by the close of polls (8:00pm) on Election Day in order to be processed.
Please contact the Clerk's Office should you have any questions regarding the Absentee Voting process.